This page gives links to the website of suppliers of models, equipment and tools for model railways. The links are provided as service to the hobby. The North Shore Model Railway Club Inc does not endorse or promote any of the suppliers listed below. The suppliers are currently grouped by country. I will introduce categories for a country when I have a good number of links for the country.
The shipping costs can be significant when buying items from overseas. There are several ways that you might be able to reduce or even eliminate the shipping costs. These include
- taking advantage of the fact that the shipping cost may be the same for all shipping weights in a range. For example, the cost might be $20 for 500 to 1000 grams. If the item you bought weighs 600 grams, buy 350 grams of other products that you or a friend need.
- picking up the item from the airport in New Zealand. You will avoid the delivery charges in New Zealand. You might not save money if you have to make a special trip to the airport.
- picking up the item from the supplier or having a friend do the same and then bring it back to New Zealand. You could well have to plan well ahead for this method to work.
- ship the item using a slower method - do you really need the item in a few days? The slower method may be less reliable.
- Bay Hobbies
- Bay of Plenty Trackgang
- Glenorchy Models
- Hobby City
- Iron Horse Hobbies
- Mack's Track
- Mark's Model Works
- North Yard
- Precision Labels
- Railmodel Electronics (2016)
- Roadmaster Exports
- The Train Depot